A C3 referee is still learning the game and in a given match may have problems with any aspect of the game.
- Observed trampling of players
- Protected safety of players on the ground
- Did not return play to the original infringement after territorial advantage had been gained.
- Correctly managed static mauls (including mauls moving laterally).
- Awarded scrum put-in to the correct side when the ball became unplayable.
RESTART KICKS & OPEN PLAY
- Observed restart kicks (i.e. penalty kicks, free kicks, kickoffs, dropouts) that were taken incorrectly (method and place).
- Observed offside kicking-team players at restart kicks.
- Awarded scrum at the correct position.
- Observed and ensured fair competition for the ball.
- Awarded the lineouts at the correct place.
- Established and maintained a one-meter gap until the ball was thrown in.
- Observed dangerous tackles (e.g. high or no-wrap).
- Behaved professionally both on and off the playing enclosure.
- Whistle tone was distinctive according to decision.
- Primary signal (penalty kick, free kick, or scrum) was clear and given simultaneously with whistle.